AMERICAN WATER EMPLOYEE CRISIS FUND
American Water employees work hard every day to provide safe, clean, reliable water and wastewater services to customers. Occasionally, one of our own employees is impacted by an unforeseen situation, such as a natural disaster or family emergency.
Unexpected life events can cause financial hardship. To assist in providing support to employees during times of need, the American Water Charitable Foundation (AWCF) is pleased to offer the
American Water Employee Crisis Fund.
The program is funded by AWCF and employee donations and administered by the Community Foundation of New Jersey (CFNJ), who in its sole discretion, reviews applications and determines incident eligibility and award amount.
Per IRS guidelines, eligibility and application criteria is based on financial need. The employee must be experiencing financial hardship due to the unexpected nature of a qualifying incident:
- Natural disasters (e.g. wildfire, tornado or earthquake damage to primary residence)
- Life threatening or serious illness or injury (not a substitute for medical insurance, medical documentation required)
- Death incidents (employee, spouse or eligible dependent)
- Catastrophic or extreme circumstances (e.g. house fire, robbery, domestic abuse or another reportable crime)
American Water employees may visit https://cfnj.org/americanwater/ to learn more, apply for assistance, or donate to the fund. AWCF will automatically match employee donations into the fund.
CFNJ staff is available to assist. Employees may call CFNJ at
(973) 267-5533 ext. 227 with any questions.
The American Water Employee Crisis Fund is administered by the Community Foundation of New Jersey to objectively handle our employees' request for financial support with compassion, confidentiality and urgency.
Although CFNJ is headquartered in New Jersey, they administer the fund for all American Water employees nationwide.